Friday, October 27, 2006

Welcome Traveler!

"We are all one child spinning in Mother Sky."

-Shawnee Proverb

HI. My name is Attar. I've always dreamed of visiting a place like this beautiful Hunza Valley. But this valley is high in the mountains of Northern Pakistan. Although the Karakoram Highway has now been built, there can still be occasional landslides, earthquakes and maybe even unfriendly armed locals.

But if I let fear guide me, how will I ever realize my dream? Should I think about going at my age? (over 60)

If I do go, I'd better start aerobic training because the air is thin at such high altitudes. (above 13,000 feet)

Well, first I guess I need to re-evaluate my reasons for going because the real journey to Peace can never be to an ever illusive Somewhere Else. Yet, somehow this place keeps calling to me.

What do you think? Do you have a place that calls to you, too?

Comments are welcome.

1 comment:

attar said...

Hi Franco.

You reminded me to click on 'moderating comments.' Anyone can comment but to avoid spam like this, I ask only that you type in the code. There are no ads or commercial links here at LS - we hope to keep it free and light - like a bubbling mountain stream.

Thanks for understanding.

~attar